Go Back   Pacifist Forums > Public > Recruiting Information - CLOSED
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2009, 09:41 AM   #1
Spheric
We've got a badass over here...

Default Recruiting Information - CLOSED

Pacifist is recruiting!

Short version:
- 10m progression group raiding Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 6:30 - 9:30 server time (MST)
- 8/8 Heroic Dragon Soul (US #107 10m)
- 7/7 Heroic Firelands (prior to 4.3)
- Looking for a strong healer, Holy Paladin preferred
- We want someone who is a great, adaptable player who will show up consistently for the rest of Cata and specifically for Mists
- Contact Spheric at www.pacifistguild.org for more information

Additional notes: We are looking for a great player who will come to every raid and have a solid attitude towards progression. We don't intend to increase the amount of time we raid in Mists, but I do intend to maintain a more stable roster of excellent players and complete the content even quicker than we did in Cata. I do not want someone who is only interested in loot, server firsts, or who will burn out the first time we start wiping on a hard boss. If you think you're the best player in WoW you had better be able to back it up, and if your attitude exceeds your ability you will get a swift kick out the door.

Who we are:

Pacifist was formed in December 2004 and was the premier raiding guild on Kel'thuzad through all of Vanilla WoW. In TBC, the core raiding group began to break up in the transition to 25m raiding, and eventually the guild as a raiding group disappeared. Some of our members went on to raid in guilds ranked in the top 15 in the world, and others continued to play together casually. The group that is raiding on Kel'thuzad now is a combination of about 50% old-school Pacifist members and the rest are excellent players who have joined us to push progression with one of the most relaxed schedules a guild working on heroic modes can have. We are currently 100% focused on 10m raiding, as we find that size to be a lot less headache to maintain :P

We finished 8/8 Heroic Dragon Soul at the end of February - our progress was significantly slowed by losing a couple people for a few weeks to personal issues, but all things considered we did fairly well on a 6 1/2 hour a week schedule. One thing to point out is that our first Hagara kill was 100% legitimate - we decided rather than cheese for a higher (and fairly meaningless) ranking, we'd learn the fight correctly on the first kill.

In Firelands we were 6/7 heroic before the nerds and killed Ragnaros before 4.3. We were the first 10m to kill heroic Beth'tilac on the server and frankly would have been the second group (after Intent) to kill Heroic Rag if we had not had to re-structure our entire group halfway through FL progression :x

What we are looking for:

- A strong healer (Holy Paladin preferred). You will be replacing the GM to allow him to tank in Mists, so you had better be a rock star.

Aside from those specific role requirements, here are the other things we look for in an applicant:

- Must be willing and able to show up to each night of raiding. As you'll see below, our schedule is very limited, and as such we really can't afford to lose nights when you can't show up. We are recruiting someone to come in to our main raid and be a part of the core group immediately - if you have a conflict with our raid days or times this group won't be for you.

- Ability to listen and respond to direction and, when needed, criticism. This really goes as much into the limited raid time as anything - it is very important that every member of our group be aware of what's going on, and to keep up with any changes in strategy that take place as we progress. This doesn't mean we want just a sponge - I want someone who's willing to make a suggestion if they see a different way of approaching something as well.

- Mature but relaxed is how I'd describe our raid atmosphere - I'm not interested in recruiting someone overly immature who's going to throw a hissy fit when they don't win a piece of loot or if they have to sit out for a specific night to give someone else in our core a chance at a fight.

Our raiding schedule, loot system, and other information:

- We raid from 6:30 to 9:30 server time (MST) on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. As you can tell, that equates to about 7-8 hours of raiding a week, which is why I stress that attendance is so important. If we lose a night of raiding because someone doesn't show up it pretty much means no progress that week. That being said, we are making excellent progress given this very small time commitment.

- Our loot system is very simple - need if you need, pass if you don't. Everyone in our group is willing to talk about who a particular piece of loot is best for, so just because someone else won doesn't mean you can't ask them if they're willing to trade it - the caveat to this is just be willing to accept the roll and plan to have one less person to roll against the next time. Loot drama is absolutely NOT something I'm willing to tolerate.

- If you have questions or need any more information, visit our website at www.pacifistguild.org and check out the recruiting information there (mostly a re-hash of this post). Feel free to send a PM to myself on the forums (Spheric) or contact any of our members in-game and ask to speak with a main raider.

Last edited by Spheric : 04-12-2012 at 12:40 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:45 PM   #2
Spheric

Default Re: Recruiting Information - Currently OPEN - Looking for a great healer (Holy Pal pref) for Mists

Updated current information for Mists
Old 04-12-2012, 12:54 PM   #3
Sophitia

Default Re: Recruiting Information - Currently OPEN - Looking for a great healer (Holy Pal pref) for Mists

http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/kel-thuzad/Pacifist

tell me if you want something changed
Old 10-28-2012, 02:02 PM   #4
Spheric

Default Re: Recruiting Information - CLOSED

Recruiting is closed.